Friday, August 3, 2007

Called to Serve


My lil' brother and best friend in the whole world is goin on a mission! He received his call almost a month ago now. Derek has been called to serve in the Dominican Republic Santiago North Mission. We are all so proud of him for accepting this call to serve the Lord. He is going to make a great missionary! I am so excited for him! I truly admire his strength and courage! Derek you are amazing! Love you bud!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Congrats Derek! What a cool place to be called to serve. I'll have to tell Jake...he'll be excited to hear that. When does he leave?

Ashley said...

He leaves October 10th! I can't believe how quick its coming up! Crazy! Derek got a letter from Jake about a month ago, your bro is awesome! He had nothing but great things to say! Derek is so excited to get out there! oh by the way I'm still waiting for Jake.. haha!

sara and wade said...

ha ha! ash... i thought you were waiting for spence?!!! :) just kidding! your blog looks great! congrats derek!!! he'll be such a great missionary! i'll tell spence too! he loves the mission and is doing well in england! derek will love it! congrats!!

Ashley said...

Sara, I can't believe Spence is coming up on a year soon! Crazy! Derek says thanks! He also wants spence's address too so he can write him and wish him happy birthday. I guess our bro's share the same birthday, just a whole year apart ha!