Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bittersweet...

It's official...Derek is in the MTC! ah! that was so so hard to say goodbye! Of course I bawled my eyes out! He's been there now for a week today. It's really weird that it's just me, my Mom and brother at the house now. And we're hardly ever there all at the same time. It's been an adjustment that we haven't gotten used to just yet. I keep thinking he's gonna be home when I get home from work! :) He'll be in Provo for two more weeks than goes to the Dominican Republic MTC for 6 weeks. After that he'll spend the rest of the time preaching and teaching! :) Derek you are my hero! Love ya bud!



It was really awesome to see my Mom put Derek's missionary tag on him. It was definately a special moment that I won't ever forget!

Isn't he just so dang cute! :)

2 comments:

Paige said...

I want to cry for you! I remember how hard it was to say goodbye to jake! Funny thing...last week the day Derek went into the MTC Jake was gone for 1 year! It's been a long time but it's gone way fast so hang in there! Love ya!

sara and wade said...

same with spence! it was so hard to say goodbye - right after we had been married, but he flew right to london and so we only got to see him off then. but i am so proud of spence too! he has been gone a year now too, i can't believe it! time flies! good lookin' derek will have to swat those dominican girlies off! i'm so excited for him! - and can i tell you, they say that missionary families are blessed in so many ways, and i can definitely feel the blessings being poured our way!! i can't wait for your family to partake of those blessings!!! sure love ya sweetie!