Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cruise in Review!

Warning: really long and lots of pictures!


Unfortunately I am back from vacation! I'll be honest I was dreading coming home so much... I still would rather be anywhere but here right now. But oh well 3 more weeks and I'll be back on vacation for a week with my family and friends. :)
We had such a great relaxing cruise. We met up with my Aunt Jane, Uncle Steve, and Grandma Yoko (yes the famous Yoko Ono! he he) in Florida where we set sail for a 7 day cruise of the Eastern Caribbean. This was a first time cruise for my relatives so they were way excited to do everything, see everything on this vacation. For me, all I wanted to do was relax, get a tan, and get away from all the worries in my life, and enjoy spending time with my fam. The weather was incredible! It was really hot and humid but I loved it!!
Monday: Was our first port, CoCo Cay in the Bahamas. Its an island privately owned by the cruiseline. We layed in the sun, swam and snorkeled, and had a huge BBQ lunch on the beach.
Tuesday: We spent at sea. We all spent most of the day at the pool enjoying the live music, eating frozen yogurt, and dancing poolside (oh you bet i got my groove on doin the cupid shuffle... Jed Smedley would be so proud! ha)
Wednesday: Was our 2nd Port, St. Thomas!! Now let me just say.... WOW!!! this island is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! This was by far my favorite island we visited. We took a guided tour of the island. We went everywhere from the top of the island all the way to the beautiful beach of Magen's Bay. Magen's Bay is my idea of paradise! It's one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been too. The water was crystal blue and so warm. We had a great time relaxin and soakin up some sun (a little too much I think). We then ended our tour at Black beard's castle where I had me some rum punch! ok not really but they sure love the rum over there :) We ended the day shopping. St. Thomas is known for their diamonds, black coral, and gems. The jewelry market is HUGE over there. I'm tellin you.. that is the place to by jewelry. I decided when I get married I will take a trip back to St. Thomas to get my wedding ring! ha ha.
Oh but the craziest most random thing of the day was while we were shopping I ran into a girl (Dacia Tait) I used to dance with her when I was younger. She moved to St. Thomas randomly about 3 years ago and loves it. I knew that she had moved there but had forgotten so it caught me so off guard when I saw her, I still can't believe it! It was really fun to see her and catch up! She's prego!!! and i couldn't be happier for her!
Thursday: was our last port, St. Maarten! St. Maarten is much for laxed than St. Thomas. We did a snorkel and snuba tour. Snuba is a cross between snorkel and scuba. Its where you have a small raft that has two O2 tanks with 25 foot hoses attached to these rafts so you're able to dive deep and breathe under water just like scuba. Let me just say... It freaked the heck out of me!! I started to panic when I first dove down because all I kept thinking was "this is not normal, I shouldn't be breathing under water!!!!!!" ...So I wouldn't breathe! it took me a little bit to get the hang of it and calm down and just breathe normal! ha ha I know I'm a wuss! But it ended up being ok.. I just wish that we were diving in better water. I didn't see very many fish or anything for that matter while I was down. That whole excursion wasn't the best because.... I GOT SEASICK! :( Yep and I threw up off the back of the boat! ha ha.. Don't be surprised, it wouldn't be a vacation if I didn't! No joke, I've gotten sick on every boat excursion I've ever been on. This time I wasn't the only one though, my MOm and Grandma got sick! No good! Oh well, I didn't let it stop me! Once we got done with our tour we went back to the boat cleaned up, had some lunch and went back to the island to do a little shopping.
Friday & Saturday: We spent the last two days of our trip at sea. I mostly lounged out on the pool deck and worked on my tan while everyone else roamed the boat and went to all the activities. We did see alot of great entertainment that was provided by the cruiseline as well as gambled in the casino, dressed up for formal nights, and ate the BEST food ever!!!! 5 course meals every night!!! YUM!!! I'm happy to say that I didn't gain a single pound on my cruise... phew!!! :)

We had a great time! It was so much fun spending time with my family since I don't get to see them very often because they live in Oregon. We even passed by the Dominican Republic where my brother is serving so it was way cool to be in his part of the country... All I kept thinkin is "WoW! He must be roasting in his shirt tie and pants!" :)
And that's my cruise in review! Now I reccommend everyone go on a cruise.. to the Caribbean of course! It's the BEST!! Enjoy the pics... there's lots of them!

...........................................................................


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash, you look so good. Those pictures make me miss little Derek. He is such a hottie. How is he? I need his address. Tell him hi for me.

Brian and Amber said...

WOW!! those are some beautiful pictures!! I still can't believe you ran into Dacia...What are the odds?? Looks like you had soo much fun! I miss ya girl!

Anonymous said...

I am way jealous! I want to go on vacation with you. You guys did so many fun things. You looks so cute!

hilary said...

ash, you look hot. i'm jealous. i've never been on a cruise, looked like a blast! and your brother is huge! what happened to little kyle? geez.

Paige said...

What a fun trip! I've been wanting to go on a cruise but I can't talk Phil into it. I'll keep working on him. That's funny you ran into Dacia, I remember her. Okay, I LOVE all of your dresses! Where did you find them? Finding a cute dress with sleeves is impossible. I commend you. :) Yes, Kyle is humongous! What a hottie. Looks like you guys had fun...I'm beyond jealous!

Chelsie said...

I love all of your vacations! Your family is so cute and what a fun trip to have all those memories! Sorry about the sickness...but I guess that's the price to pay because we were all back here jealous of your trip! JK...You look gorgeous!

amy g said...

dang....jealous! Don't you just love cruises?! Looks like you had fun! I too get sea sick, it sucks! A good way to lose your cruise weight though. Scuba diving kinda freaks me out to, I kinda feel the same way. I didn't know your bro was in the D.R.! My bro-in-law just left there last week! Santo Domingo East mission. THat's cool, glad you had fun!

Krista said...

Ohh, I'm so jealous of your cruise! Those beaches look amazing, of course, you gotta love those midnight buffets!

As always, you look beautiful in every pic and your grandma is the cutest, tiny, little thing!

Shambray said...

I am so so so jealous! I have NEVER been on a cruise before. Oh well one day I will. It sounds like you had a blast! That is good.

Chris and Hay said...

hi!! I just found your blog and I love it! Your pictures are gorgeous and you look beautiful in every one! I'm way jealous of your cruise!