Thursday, February 12, 2009

ALIVE....barely?

Ya I suck... I know! I have put this blog of mine on the back burner for quite some time... not that I don't love it, it's just that SCHOOL is kickin my trash! Also trying to fit family, dating, clinicals, church, eating, and sleeping, all into my schedule is exhausting... SO here is a recap over the past 2 months!!!

Turned 23... and happy to be!! Woot woot!


My girl K-rizzler (Sister Krystal Rogers) threw me the best birthday party EVER!!! All my favorite people (married and single) came! It was quite a hit...There was about 60+ peoples there! FREAKIN AWESOME!!! There was...

my fave gals!


Dance Party!!







Best Birthday!!! Even if the Cops did come and break it up at 11 pm AND Krystal got arrested and taken to the slammer! ha ha jk but that was the rumor goin around.


NEXT... I finished up my first semester of ECHO (cardiac ultrasound) program! YAY!! Huge relief to know that "I CAN DO THIS!!!" :) OH and I am LOVIN' my clinicals!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To CELEBRATE the end of the semester (and early christmas present to myself) me and 15 other friends cruised on down to the Mexican Riveira for 7 whole days!! SO fun!!!

Waiting to board the Norwegian Star!

We look so great after driving all through the night and sleeping (well trying to) in our cars for a few hours that morning.


We went to Cabo San Lucas, Maztlan, Puerto Vallerta.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Cabo we spent the day at "Lover's beach" basking in the 80+ degree weather!!

Court, Me, and Tara



That's a big lizard!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maztlan all 16 of us packed into a van and toured the town... we went to see the cliff divers.





Bryce doing a back flip off into the ocean... CRAZY!!



Lunch on the beach



I love pina coladas!!


Puerto Vallerta we all did the coolest zip line through the jungle over these huge ravenes. It was awesome!!



The crew!! All 16!


Colb's nice harness!!! :)

We also went to this natural rock slide/rope swing place called "Eden". It's where the film Predator was filmed. The water was freezing cold but so refreshing!



We ended the day with dinner on the beach and eating fresh pineapple...YUM!!
We had lots of fun on the boat too...








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


NEW YEAR's

Spent it with Colby and friends up in Bear Lake at the Bickley's cabin. Did some 4wheeling, played games, watched movies, etc. 2009 is going to be a good year! :)


Me and Kenz enjoying our Martinelli's that came in brown paper sacks! :)
Me and Colbs




~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Speaking of good year... KYLE (my baby brother) is leavin on a mission!!! He got his call a couple weeks ago... He's goin to Sao Paulo Brazil! Leaves April 28! I'm so Proud of ya Kyle! Sure love ya!!

More about missionaries.... My BFE (best friend for eternity), Krystal, left on January 28 to serve a mission in Chicago, Illinois for the next 18 months. Ah... did that suck saying goodbye! I miss her alot but I know that she is living out a dream that she's had for a long time! So... I'm waiting for a missionary.. AGAIN!! ha ha but this one it's actually goin to work out... she will still be my best friend when she comes home! :)

Recently...
Went to Park City for the Visa Freestyle International where they have the World Cup competiton in moguls and ariels. Colby and his parents were volunteering up there for it and so we all got hooked up with VIP passes into the tent with all the athletes and the good food (sshh... dont tell anyone). OH and that's where I met this guy...


Johnny Mosely!! What a hottie right?!? ha ha Super nice guy!

Well I think thats up to date on what has been goin on in my life... I'll try to be better at this but I can't make any promises. :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you updated!! It looks like you have been pretty dang busy, having fun and working hard :) You are so cute and I'm glad everything is going well for you.

Anonymous said...

It's about time woman. Happy late birthday. That is rough, two brothers on a mission at the same time. Good thing little Derek is coming home soon. Can't wait. You are one adventurous little woman. I am jealous.

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

k ash, i'm going to try this again. I promise i'm not a stalker I just wanted to say hi since you haven't blogged in like 2 months. let me know how you're doing :)

Granny Hawk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

amy g said...

OH Ash, I'm glad you are survivin Diane K!! haha, I get to be with her for four wonderful semesters this fall. as if the first 5 aren't enough! I'm so jealous that you went on the Mexican Riviera Cruise, looks like so much fun and WARM!! Happy late birthday, you are so loved. Oh yeah also jealous you met Johnny Mosley, he is a sick skiier, way to go, you are having so much fun girl!!

Madison said...

Glad to see that you are still alive! I am so sorry i didnt make it to the birthday bash, I am pretty sure there was a Jazz game that night. I am glad to see that you had a great birthday! we need to plan a girls night sometime i miss all you girls!

Chelsie said...

man you have been busy!!! so much fun! i think i vacation through you quite often!! looks like you're having a blast

Chris and Hay said...

WOW! You've done tons! I love the update- Do you have Krys's address? I'm glad to see that things are going so good for you! Miss you!

Krista said...

Welcome back! It's fun reading about your life again, although I already knew all this since I talk to you almost daily!

Ok...so, in the pic of you with Johnny Mosely, does he look alarmingly like someone we work with?! Think about it, think about it!!

Smokin bikini pics!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Hey cute girl, I found your blog from madison's I think. I don't know if you remember me. I cheered with lexi...but I went on that same cruise just barely it was so fun!!!