Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Dad,

I can't begin to tell you how much I miss you. Mom and I went to the cemetery today and brought you new flowers and little trinkets {mom's doing, not mine :) }. While we were there we looked at pictures of you, reminicsed, and wrote you little notes.
I can't help but think what our lives would be like if you were still here with us. So much has happened over the past 2 and half years but there isn't a day that goes by that I dont feel you. You are a part of who I am... I know that I couldn't have made it to where I am in life without your help.
I know that the boys are so grateful for you're example. You were the best missionary and lived your entire life serving others as Christ would want us to do. They speak of you often and feel you're presence with them every day as they fulfil their callings as missionaries.
Mom misses you. It's just me and her in the house now and we have become closer than ever. She is the most compassionate, strong, and devoted mother. I see why you were crazy in love with her. She's pretty amazing! I'm so glad that you brought the gospel into her life and made our family eternal. How beautiful the day will be... I look forward to it.
Happy Father's Day Dad... I miss and love you so much.

Love,
your little girl.

10 comments:

hilary said...

ah ash, that brought tears to my eyes. what a sweet letter to your daddy. i know he is very proud of the wonderful, kind and loving person you are. you have a great dad! thank goodness we have the gospel and know that families are eternal! i love you girl!!

...Ashlee... said...

I think Hilary said it all, but wow! Ash, you must be a lot like your Dad because you have touched so many lives yourself. I know the testimony that you wrote for me to share with my young women really affected them... you really are a hero in my eyes and I KNOW your Dad would be SO proud of you!!!

Rachel said...

i'm at work, looking at blogs, then i read this, and like hill said...really did bring tears to my eyes. i know he misses you to, and loves you so much. families are forever and isn't that such an amazing thing. love you ash.

snigaduuu said...

Ok Ash I just read this and I'm sitting here at work not able to get my emotions under control! I have mascara running down my face! I sure do love ya! You are amazing! I know your Dad is so proud of everything you do!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Ya you made me cry too! How sweet that letter is. I'm sure he is just looking down on you smiling and just so proud of his little girl. You are a strong woman!

Carol Whittaker Turner said...

Well Ash, you made me cry reading your post. Again!! I know how much you miss your dad...I miss mine too. Every day. Your dad must be so proud of you and your brothers!!
Thank heaven for Eternal families!!
Love ya!!

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really didn't mean to make any of you cry. You all are so sweet and I'm grateful for each of you. :)

Kathryn Buxton said...

Wow Ash 2 and 1/2 years already? That blows my mind. We're going on 5 this month, not sure how I feel about it....5 years sounds like such a long time to me, it doesn't seem like it's been that long. I loved this letter you are such a good daughter to both of those dads you have watching over you up above! I know they are so proud of you and so am I! love you, keep always being you!

Paige said...

Ash, I think your dad was so lucky to have you as his little girl. Really. you are such a sweet and amazing person. I'm sure he's so proud of you! And I'm with Hil, thank heavens for the gospel and families being together forever! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ash,
You made me cry. You are so sweet. You guys are such a strong family. I look up to you a lot. Thanks for being such a good example to us. I love your family and can't wait for my other bro to come home. Love ya.