
This past weekend was so goood! Friday night I went down to SLCC to see Kalai. I love this guy and I have never been able to see him in concert. I'm sure alot of you know who I'm talking about because his music is so great! I love it. He's a local artist and does many shows in Utah and Idaho. Let me just say, he sounds amazing live! One of the best shows I've been too! He was hilarious too! Never a dull moment. He would say the most random, off the wall things. Nothing beats good tunes and laughter. He sang the funniest song about killing small animals! ha ha I know ya'll are probably thinkin that's not so funny, but it really was! I couldn't stop laughing, it was so catchy and all in good humor! :) before you start hatin on him, He just came out with a CD oh his own versions of LDS church hymns and some other stuff he wrote.. Its awesome!! Love it! If anyone of you want to go next time, I'll go with you :) I was kinda bummed that he didn't play one of my favorite songs so here are the lyrics. enjoy!
STRONG TIES
Strong ties can be broken by one little fight
Where one say’s you’re wrong the other I’m right
But the truth is, it’s not worth it, so I swallow my pride
And kiss every tear from your eyes
Then like a man who is barely able, I crawl to my feet
To carry the cross that you bare, I’ll be the only man who cares
I’ll be the light, you be the warmth and I’ll be there
So I hope you remember when times get rough
That you can sleep easy knowing you’re loved
And when you wake you’ll find me lying beside you
My sleeping lips pressed to your cheek
Then like a man who is barely able, I’ll rise to my feet
To carry the cross that you bare, I’ll be the only man who cares
I’ll be the light, you be the warmth and I’ll be there
Where one say’s you’re wrong the other I’m right
But the truth is, it’s not worth it, so I swallow my pride
And kiss every tear from your eyes
Then like a man who is barely able, I crawl to my feet
To carry the cross that you bare, I’ll be the only man who cares
I’ll be the light, you be the warmth and I’ll be there
So I hope you remember when times get rough
That you can sleep easy knowing you’re loved
And when you wake you’ll find me lying beside you
My sleeping lips pressed to your cheek
Then like a man who is barely able, I’ll rise to my feet
To carry the cross that you bare, I’ll be the only man who cares
I’ll be the light, you be the warmth and I’ll be there
I will be there when there is no passage,
I will be there when you’re on your way,
And I realize hearts still get broken...
I will be there when you’re on your way,
And I realize hearts still get broken...
So I’ll carry the cross that you bare, I’ll be the only man who cares
I’ll be the light, you be the warmth and I’ll be there ...
I’ll be the light, you be the warmth and I’ll be there ...
9 comments:
I love Kalai!! One of his songs is on our wedding video...and I'm sure on many others. How fun that you got to go to the concert!! I haven't heard that song but it sounds fabulous
I also LOVE Kalai. I had no idea he was coming. Next time he is here I want to go! I wish I would have thought about it at the time- I would have loved for him to play at my wedding. I would have paid some big bucks for him!!! So I am way jealous!
yeah for kalai!! i love him too! that would be a great concert! i need to see when he'll be down in southern utah... definitely worth it and i love strong ties too... i still listen to it from your spring break cd that you made for me like 2 years ago when all you girls came down... how fun. good times!
love kalai...i'll go with you next time!
I have never heard of Kalai but I definitely want to hear on of his songs! Sounded like you had fun at the concert though!
Ooh sounds like fun! You always do the coolest things...I am so jealous!! How is work? ha ha :)
Hey Ash, this is Amy (Barrett)! I found your blog through Missy's and I had to say hi! I too love Kalai, I have to agree with you that he is awesome live! That song about hurting small animals was hilarious! Did he talk about how he got shut down by a girl that he drove by so he went home and wrote a song about that, he kills me. anywho, I saw you got in the echo program at weber, congrats! Did you have to do x-ray first before that?
Hey Ash! I saw your blog through Hilary's and wanted to say hi. How have you been? It looks like you are doing well.
That's crazy you went to his concert. I'd never even heard of him until Taylor told me about him last week. I listened to some of his stuff and I really liked it! I wanna check out the hymns CD too!
Post a Comment