Friday, October 10, 2008

Hump Day.

Today is the official one year mark for Elder Smith! WOOT WOOT! I honestly can't believe a year has come and gone. I remember going to that dreaded MTC and just bawling my eyes out the entire ride home after saying our goodbyes. Not the best memories but I know that over this past year many great things have happened to him and our family's lives.




Derek,

I know that more than anything you have been a blessing to us all. We are all so proud of you and i know that Dad is very proud of you. Over this past year I have seen you grow into a spiritual giant just like Dad. You remind me so much of him and I know that through this entire experience he has been your constant companion. What a blessing that has been for you to experience this with him. Derek you have inspired us all to try a little harder to live a littler better. To me personally you have helped me through some very difficults times this past year.. thank you for always believing in me and being the greatest brother. Your testimony and courage have helped me see the goodness in life and not take it for granted. I know this next year will be just as amazing and rewarding as the last. Enjoy every bit of it! I sure love ya bud!

Love,
Ash

6 comments:

hilary said...

wow, i can't believe it's beena year! that was the sweetest post ash. i loved looking at all of his pictures! he is a stud! i bet he is a wonderful missionary and i know he's been a blessing to your family too. what a sweet post to your brother.

Chelsie said...

that was such a sweet post! your brother sounds amazing, and for real, everyone in your family has perfect barbie teeth! they're gorgeous

Gage and Missy!! said...

Yeah for HUMP day! That day feels so good to have over! You are so sweet to your little brother! I can't wait for them to get home.. it has felt like forever! I know you guys were good buddies like me and Chad and if you fee like I do, you just want you friend back home! Love ya girl! 11 more months (hopefully)!!

Cam and Linds said...

ASH! oh my goodness! I just love derek and kyle! In those pictures, derek reminds me so much of your dad. It's crazy! WOW! he looks so good! I love all the things you wrote! When you write him again please send him our love! Or better yet, give me his address so i can write him myself! I would love to do that! I love ya and tell your family hello and i love them too!

Brian and Amber said...

Has it really already been a year?? Crazy!! I remember when he left like it was yesterday. I miss you Ash! We really need to get together again!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I miss that boy. I consider him a brother. He is such an awesome kid and I can't wait for him to come home. I want him and Mitch to come hang out with me. J too. I miss those boys. Tell him I love him and happy hump day.